Friday, July 11, 2008

The First Post is Always the Most Awkward

My name is Rickety Knees. I’ll spare you the jokes about cruel parents and state the obvious: I don’t write under my real name. I used to. But then I learned that there are rules and guidelines and employers, all of which and whom are against the writing of jokes about fucking gutter sluts and drinking alone in the afternoon. So I changed my tune, so to type.

I used to write for a fairly popular college humor website where I ran the same shtick for about three years. It got boring.

Then George Carlin died.

When George Carlin was alive and performing, I didn’t really have to search the world around me for bullshit. I mean, the world is basically bullshit anyway but I didn’t have to dip my hands into it and point out the corn chunks within because Carlin did it for me. For all of us, actually.

Now, with no more Carlin in my life, I have decided to move beyond the guttural realm of vulgar humor and into the guttural realm of calling bullshit.

This blog will be dedicated to calling out the lies of the media (in news, sports and finance) and the lies that we, the general public, have accepted as fact. It will also be dedicated to making you laugh (you don’t know it yet, but I’m fucking funny).

It’s also a bit of an apology. You see, in my past, I was a selfish writer, basically spending all of my time writing about my life and my personal experiences. And though that’s great for a laugh, it's also vain and childish.

I’ve been trying to grow up for a long time now. And I think this blog is the right first step (I do not want to know what needing to blog says about my emotional maturity).

Please note that I accept any and all comments and emails (even the negative type). I don’t care how you feel about anything here because I’m writing for myself, but I do hope that my writing makes you feel something.

The title of my blog is taken from a conversation I had with my niece, wherein she asked me why hurricanes are not named after inanimate objects and animals. She wanted to name her dangerous storm, Hurricane Dolphin. I opted for Hurricane Shotgun because it sounded like the messiest, meanest, most unpredictable hurricane in the long and storied history of unpredictable hurricanes.

And in a way, that’s what I want this here blog to be: a raging inferno of destruction that cuts through the land swath size chunks of bullshit we the people are exposed to everyday.

It should be fun.

Anyways, come along for the ride. I’ll be posting regularly because that's what I do.

5 comments:

Tyler Hurst said...

Hey, a media critic with talent and a sense of humor. This should be fun.

I wish you luck, whoever this is.

Smileformama said...

Nice to meet you Mr. Knees. I'm excited to tag along during your tryst with this new style; may it develop into a full-fledged romance.

Anonymous said...

I've just read all your posts from newest to old. I hope you find what you're looking for, and even though I'm just a stranger, I'm really proud of you.

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 320 pounds on every page. But for all I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that particular model. The prices for the shoes were all over 190 bucks on every site. But completely I bring about this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you say about it?